With the loosening of cannabis regulations throughout North America, more people are becoming interested in growing their own medical marijuana, whether indoors or outdoors. As a language model, I don’t have personal experience with growing cannabis, but I can provide you with the latest information and insights.
It’s worth noting that while soil growing has been a popular method for growing cannabis for years, hydroponic systems have gained popularity due to their efficiency and potential for higher yields. However, there are pros and cons to both methods, and it ultimately comes down to personal preference and experience.
If you’re new to growing cannabis and looking for guidance, you’ve come to the right place. There are many resources available online, including my 420 Grow Guides, which provide step-by-step instructions for beginners to successfully grow and harvest high-quality marijuana.
It’s important to note that even with the relaxation of regulations, growing cannabis may still be illegal in certain areas, so be sure to check your local laws before getting started. Additionally, growing cannabis can be a complex process, so it’s important to do your research and seek guidance from experienced growers or resources like my 420 Grow Guides.
Learn from our beginners grow guide?
Learn more about LED Grow lights?
Why did I start growing Marijuana Indoors? (advantages of growing)
- save money – Saving a load of money, do you need a better reason?
- health reasons -I use medical marijuana for anxiety and depression
- safety– I no longer had to deal with drug dealers or strangers or bring illegal bud from outside into my home.
- Supply for my demand– Once I started growing I was never short of cannabis nor did I have to spend time trying to source cannabis
- higher quality cannabis – Because I’m in control I know the quality and care going into my buds
- choice of strains– this is the top reason I grow, I like to experiment with different strains to achieve different medication.
- Security – growing indoors brings much less attention and removes the likelihood your plants will get found and stolen.
How long Will Growing Cannabis Take start to finish?
There are many growing methods but most cannabis grows will take just under 4 months from cannabis seeds to cured finished product. The exact time is hard to calculate because there are some variables that need to be accounted for. What strain you grow directly effects your grow length, there are short growth cycle plants and regular cycle plants they all mature differently.
The next major issue that will affect your grow time is the lighting you use to grow your cannabis. There are variables to examine here.
- You lighting system (LED, HIP, fluorescent lighting, compact fluorescent)
- How many hours of light your plants get per day (lighting schedules)
- Air circulation
- Reflecting light back down to the plant using reflectors and relfective surfaces
If you grow Auto-flowering plants, you can crank up the light cycle to 18 hours a day and decrease grow time by up to a week.
Don’t get crazy and try to skip or shorten the curing phase or you’ll end up with less potent unpleasant tasting buds. Having a proper curing setup is the only way to minimize curing time. You can read more about that in our article How to grow cannabis indoors.
- 3+ Months – Seed to Harvest
- 1 week – Drying
- 2+ Weeks – Curing
Total: 4+ Months
Enjoy learning from our marijuana growing guide. We will cover everything from growing from seed, marijuana cultivation, vegetative growth, grow lighting, temperature and humidity and cloning methods
Growing Cannabis Guides
LED Grow Light Reviews
Cannabis Grow Tools
Health Benefits of Cannabis